... that good things are happening at Litchfield Community Schools and that LCS is a great place to learn and grow!
Wonderful things are happening EVERYDAY at Litchfield Community Schools. Please tell us (in just a few sentences) some of the great things YOU have experienced so we can share the good news with others in our area! You can print out the form and mail it in, or you can email us at email@example.com.
SIG III Grant
What does SIG III Grant mean for LCS?
Within a range of $1.6 - $2.9 million toward the following:
- All k-5 student to receive laptop or IPAD
- All classrooms with interactive SmartBoard's
- New assessment and computer-based technology curriculum
- One or two full-time school counselors
- One or two full-time school social workers
- Two full-time instructional coaches
- Full-time coordinator for professional development opportunities for staff
- Activity director/coordinator for before and after school programs and activities
- New instructional curriculum materials and resources
- $100,000 plus toward new library materials
- $300,000 toward capital outlying improvement
- Professional development for three years for teachers and administration
- Professional library materials
- Progress monitoring of reform plans and analysis toward data
Please realize that these are the listed items that within the grant narrative will impact changes for this upcoming year and years to come for Litchfield schools. board members, administration, and our coordinator for the grant will go to Lansing and then will firm up exact allotments to determine specific degrees of each listed item within the grant as it has been approved.
Great news for our school!
New Employment Opportunities Available
There are new employment opportunities available:
Special Board Meeting
There will be a Special Board Meeting on Tuesday, August 12th at 7:00pm in the Commons Area.
BEGINNING ON JUNE 23, 2014
SUMMER HOURS WILL BE:
MONDAY – THURSDAY 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
FRIDAY 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Normal business hours will resume on August 18, 2014.
Have a Great Summer!!!!!
Decision Day 2014
LCS in the News
Free Books for Michigan Families
Michigan Friends of Education, a nonprofit community benefit organization, believes all students should have an equal chance to boost their reading proficiency and confidence. MFEfamily.org helps bridge the gap between struggling readers and skilled readers by providing free books for all Michigan students. This program is ideal for families and homeschoolers.
Mission of District
The Litchfield Community School District will provide quality education for all individuals.